January 31, 2016

Week #4

This week have been eventful with a number of highlights.


I am recording this incident down as sign of God's timely intervention. Hannah have been grouchy and grumpy since Monday. From a normally calm, contented and easy baby, she screams for no reasons and refused to be put down. I had to carry her most of the day and that includes her morning, afternoon and evening naps. It's so hard to get her to give one of her usual smiles. I thought it was her teething issue (not sure if babies starts as early at 3.5 months) of a growth spurt (she was feeding quite often). But on Friday on our daily walks around the neighborhood, I met a guy who was taking a walk with his 2 young sons. We started chatting and he notices that Hannah's cheeks had a slight infection. He is a family doctor. To cut the long story short, he got his wife who is a dermatologist to visit Hannah that night and she prescript some steroid cream and lotion for the infection and the eczema on Hannah's body (I didn't even know she had eczema. motherhood fails.) Later that night, a friend dropped by for dinner and after telling the story to her, she proceeded to the car and returned with the prescript lotion. Isn't that great? If I had walk just a bit slower, I would not have met them. Or if I was walking on the opposite side of the road, I would not have gotten chatting with them. And not only that, He brings along a doctor who knew that it was an infection. How amazing is God's timing? The best part is that Hannah woke up with a smile the next morning. And she has been smiling since that day. So thankful for God's timely intervention and in bringing along people to blessed us.
her morning smile
Something else happened this week. Hannah laughed!! Her first ever baby laugh. It was so cute. On Thursday, I was just playing with her by kissing her cheeks and neck and blowing them. Out of the blue, she gave a laugh. It happened 3 times and then she stopped. I cannot stand how cute it was. I've been trying to get her to laugh again but it had not happened yet. It was so surreal, considering that she was grumpy the whole week. But she did laugh. I swear.
shopping @ the grove
Rockstar had to go Hollywood on Tuesday and I decided to go along. We live about an hour out. This is the first time I have taken Hannah out on my own for a whole day. I imagined a whole day strolling along Sunset Boulevard and hanging out on a walkway cafe hoping to spot a celebrity and maybe browse some quaint bookstores or boutiques. All that flew out the door once I dropped Rockstar off. It's street cleaning day and hence we couldn't park our car there. Upon a suggestion from a friend, I decided to head to The Grove and Farmer's Market, off Fairfax and Beverly. Spend a couple of hours there, strolling through the shops. She slept the first half of it. The hardest part about going out with a baby is finding a suitable place to breastfeed. I am far from being conservative but flashing my boobs out in public is not my thing. Thankfully, Nordstrom had a Ladies Lounge and a mother's area where I could breastfeed Hannah and change her diaper in private. The Grove and the Farmer's Market is a really nice place to hang out with a wide range of shops, a theater, and even a dancing fountain that dances to oldies. It would be nice to chill on the grassy area (on a blanket and reading a book with Hannah. both provided by the management) while people watching. If only the parking were cheaper. 
on one of our walks. check out her kesian face. 
I have been taking walks with Hannah around the neighborhood lately. She really enjoys them. She will look around with curiosity and kicks her legs telling me to get going whenever I stop to take photos. Haha.. 
tummy time
Oh, I haven't really been doing tummy time with her. Mostly because she does not like it and I am too lazy. Motherhood fail. But I saw on Instagram a baby boy who was younger than Hannah lifting his head up and the kiasu-ness in me decided to train Hannah too. Thankfully her fussing seems to have lessen and she can lift her head up for a while now. 
shopping with my baby girl. one of our first mother's daughter outing together. 
I received one of the best news ever this week. So very excited about it. Will share when I can. 

So yea, it's been a great week. How have yours been? 

No comments: