July 10, 2015

The 4th of July Celebration @ Gaithersburg

Wow! It's been almost 7 months since I blogged. So many things have happened since then. So here's a quick update in one sentence - Rockstar got into a guitar building school so we moved to the United States of America and we will be here for a bit. So yup, that's about it.. I'll tell you more *crossed fingers* if I can find some time off from my super busy life watching reruns of Law & Order and Criminal Minds. 

Happy 4th!

Anyway, since this is my first 'in US' post, I think it's apt that I tell you about my 4th of July. Everyone wasn't available so I decided to watch the fireworks on my own. It's kinda sad but it was my first time celebrating. I wanted to do something instead of just staying at home.

Colourful wall at the entrance
He said, "Aren't you gonna take a photo of me?" So I did :)

I joined the Gaithersburg July 4th Celebration at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds. It's a pretty cool place with lots of interesting buildings. 


Early crowds heading towards the grounds
Old MacDonald's Barn
Kids having fun at the rides
Fried candy store yo!
It was a fun, happy atmosphere with people hanging around, strolling, eating, playing, laughing, spending time with their love ones and waiting for the fireworks to begin. 
























The setting of the sun brought out sparklers and glow sticks. It was so pretty. The night ended with fireworks where everyone oohhhs and ahhhss over the pretty lights. When it finally ended, everyone started packing up and walking back to their cars. Kids were being carried half asleep by their parents while teenagers still pranced around full for energy. As for me, I headed straight home and fell into bed. 













I'm glad I went. It would have been more fun with friends and family around but it was nonetheless interesting. Being able to experience the celebrations is better than reading or watching about it on screen. 

I'll end this post with a picture of cupcakes I baked for 4th of July. Just a simple one to passed time before I headed out for the fireworks. And yes, I've been cooking and baking quite a bit since I came here. Will need to work on my frosting soon.. 

Missing everyone back home and looking forward till we meet again :)


*All photos were taken by me solely for blogging purpose and without any ill-intentions  or malice. Please do not use or distribute them without permission. 

No comments: