October 11, 2013

Sun, beaches, seagulls in Santa Monica, Los Angeles

Hello! Sorry for the long silence. I've been travelling and needed some time to adjust to the timing change. Anyway, I'm currently in United States, holidaying and visiting relatives. If you like a more up to date news, check out doubleescapades.blogspot.com or instragram : theestherchew. 

So here's where I was a few days ago. Rockstar made me a promise to bring me to Santa Monica about 4 years ago. And he fulfilled his promise about 2 days ago. He brought me to Santa Monica and let me say this, its an absolutely beautiful place. The beaches, the people, the vibe, the sunset.. I love it here. I took a gazillion photos and bear with me as I share them k ;p


We arrived mid afternoon and it was a hot sunny day. Thank God for the light breeze and chilly air. We walked the entire pier, stop to watch seagulls fly, people watch, snap pictures and just enjoy the whole Los Angeles feel. We then walk to Santa Monica Place for lunch and stroll along Third Street Promenade for some window shopping. 




















We headed back to the pier to watch the sunset and bask in the sun rays. I've seen many sunsets in my life and everyone is different and unique in its own way. But I got to say that this sunset was one of the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. As it got lower and lower, the sun rays became like a box on the horizon. A smaller and smaller bright yellow orange box before it disappeared and the sky turned grey. What a beautiful way for the sun to set. 







We caught the bus back to our hotel after the sun set, silent, memories, pictures running through our mind. What an end to a beautiful day! What made it even more special is the special someone beside me. If you are ever in Los Angeles, and have limited time, I would say, skip Hollywood and head to Santa Monica. That's where I felt California truly represents. 

No comments: