June 7, 2013

Finding paradise at Aya's Room Hotel, Ubud

When I planned my family trip to Bali, I booked a 4 nights stay at the Tune Hotel Legian. However, as the trip got closer, and after much research, we decided to spend our 2nd night in Ubud. Why Ubd? Because its the cultural center of Bali and it far different from the beach scene at Kuta & Legian. 


After much, much, much research and time, I discovered this place called 'Aya's Rooms Hotel'. This new accommodation, just opened to public a few months back, had only 2 reviews. But pictures and reviews look superb, and it's the only accommodation that had last minute rooms available for my big group of 12. It had only 2 blocks, with 6 room each block. Our family took up the entire block. 



It was absolutely a delight to find this haven after a walk through a narrow alley. Like a little hidden paradise, just for us. Big spacious rooms, big clean beds, a little but well-stocked pantry, big airy toilets. The staffs was friendly and tried to accommodate our requests. 











And the view was amazing. Beautiful. 




We ran around like chickens, checking out this paradise that sadly was only going to be home for 1 night. We were all on the highest floor when my mum called up to us asking us to pose for a picture. While posing, I turned my camera down towards her and took a picture *failed*. 


It felt like a private villa with our own swimming pool. Small but enough to refresh us when we needed it. We even had a pool party that night to celebrate me & me twin birthday. There were another couple and 2 single ladies staying in the block opposite us but we basically had the entire place to ourselves. 


Fooling around while waiting for the rest to get ready. That's a norm when you have a big group travelling together. Location was superb as its centrally located. Just a walk out the narrow alley and we could find shops, restaurants, bars. The Ubud Market was about 10-15 minutes walk away. 







Next morning, i woke up to this. I'm assuming that is Mount Agung, the mountain with smoke at the background.We didn't get to go there but at least I could see it, from afar. 









I am so loving my new long range lense as it allows me to spy on people. muauahahaha!! Guess how much we paid per room? Only RM120 or USD40 per night. 







After a long walk out for breakfast and some final shopping, it was time to leave. One last dip in the pool, and a group shot. Time to say good-bye and till we meet again. Wish I could stay here longer. 

*photo taken from dad*
It's really, really hard to find a place that meets 12 persons need and requirements and I got to say that Aya's Rooms did. At least some of it. We all enjoyed our stay very much. 

Aya's Rooms Hotel

Jl. Hanoman, Padang Tegal, 
Ubud, Bali, Indonesia

Cons 
- Water pressure in the higher floors rooms were quite bad. It was hard taking shower with the small amount of water. But have told them, and was assure that they will fix it. 
- Electricity keeps going out. Every once in awhile the entire night. I think it went off and on averagely 5 times per hour. According to them, its a norm. 
- We did see a cockroach at the swimming pool area, but the guy caught it quickly and took it away. 


p.s. Sorry for the wonky pictures. My laptop/blogger/camera is not working together and until I figure it out, don't sprain your neck turning left and right k? :)

No comments: