August 1, 2012

Ramblings of a soon-to-be-mrs


life is kinda crazy... lots of changes... lots of decisions. at the end of the day, all i want to do is just plop myself in front of the tv, slap on a mask and just de-stress. so what's up lately? working out the business stuff with my dad and guess what, I am now a business woman, running my own God's company. signed and certify in hard copy. of cos we still have paper work to settle but all is good. wedding planning is on schedule, i think. invitations are done, just waiting to be delivered. government documents signed and registered. caterers have been confirmed. will be going for food tastings next week. oh, that reminds me, I need to select the menu. i'm also working out the decor with my sister, who unfortunately was down with dengue for a week. but she's is fine now. still have videographer, make-up trial, wedding cake, wedding bands, wedding flavours, liquor and bridal attire (jewellery, veil, lingerie) on my to-do list. oh, we have also been house hunting. and planning our honeymoon. accommodations settled, transportation and attraction pass all settled. oh, i must go for my french classes soon. been skipping last couple of weeks. 

bb parade is off this week but we will be having fund-raising bowling competition, which i sort of volunteer myself to be there by 8.30am till 6pm. next week, our company will be having its awards day. the week after, we will be having an officers outing. and on the last week, there will be a training camp and a junior outing. its going to be a busy busy month...

I'm going to be a mrs. in 1 and a half months time...

gosh. i think i need to spend more time preparing myself. most women spends a substantial amount of their time and resources planning their wedding, which will take only 1 or 2 days. which is good since a wedding should be a once-in-a-lifetime event. but a marriage is for life. so i need to spend more time working on my marriage, not just my wedding. need to start preparing myself to be a better wife - learn to cook, learn not to be so lazy, learn to listen. no, i'm not turning into a submissive backbone-less woman. im still a post feminist at heart, and i love being one. and being a post feminist believes that a man should be the head of the house and we, as women have our rightful place besides him - supporting, helping, assisting, encouraging, growing. i believe that a wife should be strong, capable, hard-working, able to make wise decisions,  able to support her husband. i believe that every husband will need a wonder woman in their life :p

no time to blog.. please excuse me k. I will try my best... really...