August 7, 2012

Bridal Shower @ Cafe Barbera, Lorong Maarof

Ok. I think my blogging mojo is back. 

A couple of months back, I got an email from a friend asking me to be a photographer at a Bridal Shower. My first reaction was panic!!! I'm OK with still shots, but people are a different matter. Its so hard to capture people. But as you can guess, I agreed - not just because I wanted the challenge but the bride is also a friend of mine. 


Cafe Barbera is set among the housing area, opposite the busy area of Jalan Telawi. Quiet, peaceful, a place you won't spot if you didn't know it was there. Parking is not a problem as there is a large carpark opposite it. The cafe is cosy and warm, with flickering yellow lights and soft music playing on the background, with smell of freshly bake goodies. 

Flowers and decor was beautifully done by Zhi Ling :) 


Prepping for games and writing notes for the bride-to-be.. 


What's a party without food... and drinks :)


It was an afternoon of loads of fun and laughter We played Bride Charades and lavished the bride-to-be with lots of presents, which I won't specify 'cos my blog ain't 18sx :) We even got her ready for the honeymoon with lots of must-have for a beach holiday. After which, we all gave her some words of wisdom and ended the party with a prayer for her. 














Some obligatory group pictures. 
Left : Bride with her maid-of-honour and bridemaids. 
Right : Bride with both Esthers. *yup, that's me with my bunny ears*



We all had fun, and I hope the bride did too. It was a small party but a meaningful one with good friends, good food and loads of laughter. That's what a bridal shower should be like. It may be too tame for some girls, but its a bridal shower, not a bachorette party. All I can hope is that as the bride look back on this day, she will remember the good friends who loves her and will support her as she move into a new stage in her life. 


Cafe Barbera 
18, Lorong Maarof,
Kuala Lumpur
facebook

p.s. All photos (except the 2 which have my bunny ears in them) were taken by me. What do you think? If you would like to use or link any, please let me know and I will check with the bride first. :)



No comments: