April 14, 2010

Success = stress + pressure

I was just reading a book by Donald Trump and decided to share something I found interesting. Yeah, I know some of you might think he is a guy who talks a load of crap and acta super rich, but is not. But I believe that he is so famous and successful because he has something in him... Well, whatever that is, there are always a lesson or two to learn from the best or even the worst.

So here's what he says:

“Another key to your success will be how well you deal with pressure. If you want to be successful at anything in life, you have to be able to handle pressure. "

“A lot of times, stress has more to do with focusing on what you love than with anything else. I have learned that it is important to focus on the solution, not the problem. If you put all your energy into the problems, how much passion do you have left in finding the solution?”

“But the fact is, not everybody is cut out to be successful. I want to talk to you about the fact that most people are not cut out to deal with the high stress level of being a great success.”

Well, I’m a person who works better under pressure. I enjoyed the crazy deadlines, lack of sleep, the constant rushing around, and the heat from my hand phone from being on it too long, the feeling of being a zombie, the ache in my shoulders, the tired eyes, the dryness in my mouth for talking non-stop, the exhilaration rush… all that … and much more.. Weird huh? Well, if what Donald says its right, I’m in the running to be a successful woman :)

But I’ve have seen people who are not able to handle stress becomes successful. Is it because they can handle the stress of their work but not the stress of being a great success? What about people how can handle the stress of being a great success but not work stress? Are they successful? Are they proving him (Donald) wrong?

Thoughts to ponder…

2 comments:

gapnap said...

If Success = Stress + Pressure

then

Pressure = Success - Stress

or

Stress = Success - Pressure

make sense ? haha

theestherchew said...

Erm... nope, never been good at maths :p