December 5, 2016

Wahhhh.....

"Wahhhh"... "wahhhh"...."wahhhh".. is Hannah's new favourite word. She picked it up yesterday while my sisters and I were chilling at my Mum's place. I can't remembered who started it but she kept repeating it over and over again with such a cheeky grin on her face. I think this may be one of my favourite too. But then I like most things she does and I'm her mama, so I am kinda bias. 

Playing with baskets and saying "wahhh"

One thing I learned early on is that babies are constantly changing and it's hard to create a habit with them. For example, bedtime. Ever since her birth, her routine have always been bath, feed and sleep. Well, you might expect her to get used to it and falls asleep easily. Yea right! Some nights, bedtime is a breeze. Some nights I just feel like pulling my hair out. Take last week for example, for 3 days in a row, she took 2 hours to fall asleep. 2 freaking hours non-stop climbing up and down, feeding or suckling, back to her crib, petting, screaming, rocking, singing, humming, praying. So exhausting. 3 days was enough. Then I decided to put her to bed earlier. Miracle. She feel asleep in 20-30 minutes. But on the third day morning, she woke up at 5.30am and only feel back asleep at 7.30am. Bear in mind that she sleeps through the night and normally gets up about 8.30am every day. Hmmm.. so the 11 hours straight sleep lasted only 2 days. Tonight, I got her to bed early too but guess what, she took 2 hours to fall asleep again. She had so much energy and kept giggling and laughing. Luckily no screaming was involved. So putting her to bed earlier is not really the answer. But to conclude, babies change constantly. I have to catch myself a lot of time from bragging that my baby is such a good sleeper, or that she sleeps through the night, or that she eats non-stop, cause she might just change the very next day. And secretly, I think its just part of babies' plans to keep their mama on her toes. 

Hannah went for her jab on Saturday and the nurse asked "Is she a boy or girl?". I do get it that people asked that just to make sure especially if the baby is neutrally dress. But Hannah was wearing a red and pink colour dress. A DRESS! And was standing 1 feet away from the nurse. And she knows my baby's name is Hannah. It's ok nurse, I forgive you. Looks like working in a pediatrician clinic have not given you the skills to distinguish between a boy or girl. 

Just posing in Tangs while papa went to pay money. 

So what else is happening. Nothing much changed on our status. We are still waiting. And I got the best husband in the world. He spend his birthday voucher buying a present for me. Thank you Rockstar 😘 I'm still feeling under the weather. Hannah got a flu and fever bug last week and spread the germs to me. So yea, please body... get well soon. 

Sleeping babies are the best. So peaceful. So angelic. 

No comments: