February 8, 2011

No diamond ring

I so love Google's page today. The periscope view will movable features is really cool... It's like being in a submarine with your own periscope to play with. How on earth do they come up with ideas like that? Thumbs up, google team!!!

Anyway, I was reading a friend's blog and stumbled upon a post written last year about her worst ring nightmare. Well, the writer is happily married now so I can correctly assume that her boy did not get her that ring :) Which brings me to thinking, what is mine?

I don't consider myself a very fussy person. High standards maybe, and just a tad bit demanding but not fussy. :) But one thing that I absolutely do NOT want is... a diamond ring. Diamond rings are just so normal.. and me being me.. I do not like normal. And the minute someone sees a diamond ring, the first question out is, "How many carats?" or "How did he propose?" and stuff. I want questions like "OMG! Why this ______ (insert stone name here)?" or "That is so unique" ...stuff like that...

Just a couple of months back, I was talking to Tim about engagement rings and  I mention that I do not want diamonds, and would prefer some other stones and he replied, "But they have no value." Which is true? But then again, why do I need something valuable. Its not like I'm going to sell it or something *unless Rockstar does something absolutely horrible to me*. Engagement rings are promises, and promises are meant to be kept. It does not matter if its diamonds or not, I just want it to be special and it will be valuable to me.. to keep...

Give me rubies, or amethyst or pink sapphire or even black diamonds anytime...



On another note, I found out there is a type of engagement ring called "The Dearest Ring". Its an acronym of different type of stones on the ring. Pretty cool and unusual huh? But nah, too mix match of colours for my taste. Not my type.

So what types of rings do you like?





2 comments:

Odd Sundays said...

i told tim i didnt want a diamond ring either! he didnt listen...

but in the end, u fall in love with the ring because of what it means and represents...unless its a cheeto ring or sumthing...then u can just eat it...

theestherchew said...

You know.. I think its some kind of guy ego thing. They need to prove that they can get a diamond ring.. Something to increase their man points...:p

haha... and if he ask, "will you marry me?"..I can just say, "yummy!!"