October 18, 2010

No more training wheels

Letting go is sometimes one of the hardest thing a person have to do. Just ask a newly dumped girl or a parent whose child seem to grow up so quickly; a father, watching his son learning to ride a bike. Or my sister with a OMG-to-die-for jacket *hehe*

Yet reluctantly, you know its the right thing to do.

I'm having a hard time. But its not because I'm not letting go, my parents are finding it hard to let go.. to let go the business.. And I don't blame them. They have been running it for 10 years plus Dehaz (our mother company) for 25 years already. They have worked so hard to bring the company to where it is today..

And now, a small size smart-alack who thinks she knows it all comes and defiantly threaten to jeopardise that stable bubble...

I have officially taken over Psalms Oasis. In terms of papers la.. *please don't call me boss*

I have so many ideas, so many inspirations..so many plans for Psalms Oasis but they are so fixed on their old ways. I want to take the risk and invest more into the company, but they are reluctant to take that leap of faith.. And that's where the conflict begins.. And its like whatever I do, they are getting more worked up and worried over it...

And I truly cherish that. Mind you, I do get frustrated and angry at times. But I know deep down that they are doing it because they love me and don't want to see me fail. But I've been struggling with it, not knowing what to do. I don't want to hurt them but at the same time, I know that if this continues, it will hurt me in the long run.

I learned a lesson yesterday.

During a meeting with some key Boys' Brigade officers, I expressed my frustrations about some BB issues. And then one of the officers said something like this. "Since young, my son decides what he wants whenever he is ready to. For example, at age 2, he said, " Mommy, I don't need diapers anymore." At age 4, he told her, "Mommy, I don't need the night light anymore." You need to set your own target and then when you are ready, you can just let us know. " It was like a *ting* light-bulb moment to me..

I think it's time I decide and set my own benchmark..

.... and when I am ready... I'll need to sit my parents down and say,

"Dad, Mum, thank you for your everything but its time you let go. I don't need my training wheels anymore..."







1 comment:

gapnap said...

They will say wah you kena influence by rockstar too much already ..hahahaha..

Dare to fail , is a gift :)